Wednesday, December 14, 2011

It's Possible

Growing up, I always knew what missionaries were but didn't really understand them. As I got older, I heard stories of girls waiting for missionaries as they were out and some of them making it, and some of them not. Did I EVER think that I was going to be one of those girls waiting two years for some boy? NOPE. Not until I met my mish. Then I was hooked from there. 


There are so many people out there that think girls who wait for missionaries are stupid and immature. They say two years is a long time and we will grow apart. This could be true, but it also could not. For all of you out there that think I am out of my mind, do you want to know what I am waiting for? Have you ever seen those chick flicks where the couple gets together in the end and they are just so HAPPY?! You were rooting for them the whole time even though EVERYTHING and EVERYONE was against them, you knew that in the end they would make it. Well, that is me. I want to see him come home, way more spiritually high than he was (which is hard to beat) and run into those welcoming arms of his and feel safe again. I know this may not happen, but what is so wrong with a dream? Everyone has a dream. Some are more realistic than others, but still a dream none the less. 


If you are one of those people who are what we MG's like to call "waiter haters", maybe think before you say something next time. Do you have someone coming up to you and telling you that you will NEVER be happy and the one you love won't ever love you back? I have seen missionary reunions gone wrong, but I have also seen them be some of the most amazing, beautiful, happy moments. I won't know for about 585 more days if I will have one of these magical moments. But until then, this dream is all I have left to cling to. 


Someday I will get married in the temple to the love of my life, and start a family. It could be with Elder Cuddle Buns, or it could be someone who I haven't met yet. But honestly, what matters is that I am happy. What I know right now, is that when I am with my mish, I am the happiest I have ever been. I love him.



No comments:

Post a Comment