Monday, March 5, 2012

The Happy Ending

So around Thursday of last week I get a text from my mom. She had a PET scan a few days before and we finally got the results. After over a year of pain, heartache, struggle, tears, complications, doctors visits, hospitals, chemo, and radiation, we. are. done. The scan came back CLEAR!! We only have one more test to make sure this spot on her liver is not cancerous, which they are certain it is not. Of course she will never fully be done. There are still annual visits and things and of course her  heart problems, scar tissue on her lungs, and the swelling in her arm she will most likely always have. But it is such great news to hear that you are cancer free. Of course, I cannot say this as great as my dad so here is a link to his blog. 


http://choralresponses.blogspot.com/2012/03/free-at-last.html

No one ever knows how hard this is until they go through it. For those of you who beat it, I congratulate you. For those of you who are in the battle, I hope you have strength. For those that have died, you live on forever in our hearts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment